RYOKO's Self-Care Healing Classes: Zoom Svaroopa® Yoga
In this challenging time, being in community is so important.
That's why Ryoko created this Zoom Yoga for you :)
Come experience Svaroopa® yoga’s unique approach to your body, mind & spirit. Discover how easy it is to integrate these simple yoga & meditation tools into your practice routines. If you’re feeling sore, stiff or out-of-shape, try this class. You will be surprised by the profound healing results at all levels. The benefits are far beyond physical! Flexibility is not a requirement – it is a result!
Svaroopa® yoga (Therapeutic style of yoga) specializes in opening the core and decompressing the spine from tail to top.
This special supported method gently releases deep-seated layers and years of tension.
“Stress relief and deep relaxation are intrinsic to the relaxation of your core tensions.”
Are you looking for alternative self-care tools to ease your pain and discomfort, decrease your stress level, find strength, awareness, happiness, calmness and peace within you? Come find out how to gain strength, stamina, and flexibility, without ‘sweaty exercises’ and without feeling ‘muscles soreness’ the next day, in a gentle and supportive way. After your 1st class, you will appreciate the importance of support from blankets and blocks and will be able to apply the practice of Svaroopa® yoga to deepen your daily yoga and meditation.
Ryoko's Group Classes are offered in a much smaller & more private setting than typical flow yoga classes.
It's really important for me to see YOU when I teach yoga.
LIVE ZOOM class in a small setting allows me to deliver our teachings effectively and safely to you. The subtle suggestion makes a big difference in how each pose reaches into your spine!
Sunday class is beginner/newcomer friendly. I specifically designed our Sunday classes so that you can use what you already have at home to support and you can open up your spine efficiently. They are suitable for all ages and are accessible to everyone from newcomers to experienced practitioners.
Hop on the Svaroopa® Yoga boat right now.
Either it's been a while since you had your last Svaroopa® Yoga practice, or you have never done anything like this to take care you before, it does not matter.
Let's get together in our virtual healing room & learn the simple yet powerful tools to take care of YOU.
We end our practice with Peace Prayers to send our blessings to the world.
Shift our consciousness together! Come be a part of our wonderful conscious community!
FREE Newcomers Svaroopa® Yoga (60-min):
Tue. July 13th, 6pm - 7pm CT
*Only open to those who are new to Svaroopa® Yoga.
*The cost is FREE, but the space is limited. If you are unable to attend for some reason, please reschedule through VAGARO at least 2-hr in advance so that others on the waiting list can get on.; otherwise, you will be charged for a $10 no-show.
All-levels Svaroopa® Yoga (90-min):
Wednesdays, 6pm - 7:30pm CT
Thursdays, 10am - 11:30am CT
Cost: The normal $20 drop-in is cut to $15 during this time - or use your class package.
Simple Spinal Sequence Svaroopa® Yoga (75-min):
Sundays, 4pm - 5:15pm CT
Cost: Donation-based. You can send your donation through VENMO (@RyokoHealing; The last four digits of my phone# is 6066) or Paypal (HealingSpiritPayment@gmail.com); 50% of Sunday class donations from the month of July will be donated to ADOPT-A-NATIVE-ELDER.
*The cost for Sunday class is donation-based, but the space is limited. If you are unable to attend for some reason, please reschedule through VAGARO at least 2-hr in advance so that others on the waiting list can get on.; otherwise, you will be charged for a $10 no-show.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR AN ONLINE CLASS?:
- You will receive a confirmation email and Zoom link from firstname.lastname@example.org - Please check under "Promotions" if you use Gmail.
- Download the FREE ZOOM app here: https://zoom.us/signup
- How To Join A ZOOM Meeting - click here
- Try to find a quiet space that is free from interruption from your pets or people whom you live with.
- If you are new, please sign join the ZOOM meeting online 10 minutes before the start time (except Newcomers Class) so that I can help you with particular ZOOM settings.
- Enable the camera on your device (phone, ipad, computer, etc…). It is essential that I can see you to help with your alignment.
- Place the camera a few feet away from you and point it at your head (see pictures below).
- Have sufficient lighting so I can see your alignments.
- 2 Yoga blocks (Or, TWO unopened toilet paper rolls)
- A few blankets/towels/pillows/cushions
- A metal folding chair (Or, a kitchen chair - a steady and hard sitting surface).
- Place a folded blanket on the floor to make your back comfortable when you lie on your back. This gives a little cushion as support. This is very important - especially if you have back pain or back tightness (see pictures below).
- Click here to download and print out Peace Mantra/Peace Prayers as we will chant together at the end of our class to send our blessings to the world. (DO U NEED THIS? IT IS USUALLY UP ON THE SCREEN)
- Contact Ryoko if you want to purchase Svaroopa® Yoga Blankets.
- Have your favorite essential oils handy that help you feel grounded & calming. You can use a diffuser prior to and during class if you want.
- Some oils that I like to use are doTERRA's Adaptive (Calming Blend), doTERRA's Balance (Grounding Blend), doTERRA's Peace (Reassuring Blend), doTERRA's Align (Centering Blend), doTERRA's Anchor (Steadying Blend), or Frankincense.
- To learn more about How to Calm Anxious Feelings with doTerra essential oils, click here.
*If you want to host an online class for your friends/family/co-worker, contact Ryoko for more details.
I have not done a lot of Yoga but I have been meditating greatly in this Covid19 adventure and this practice (Self-Care Online Class with Ryoko) was a combination of what I needed most. It was not intimidating. It was so fun. It was new but felt warm and like I had been with this group before. Ryoko's guidance was tremendous, helpful and left me feeling at ease and confident after we finished. And I"m so glad I made time to do this. "May we be protected together... achieve strength together... peace to all". I loved it. I will return for more. THANK YOU!
- David Haley, 2020